AnsweredAssumed Answered

Anyone worried about transitioning from Collaborate Original to ULTRA

Question asked by yg0054253 on Oct 24, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2019 by smittal

I have a a elementary school online for students around the world and we have been using Blackboard Collaborate original and I hear that ULTRA will be the ONLY available option next year. I am concerned about how many video feeds there will be as there are only 4 or 5 now which is a step down from the collaborate experience. Also, the fact that the teacher cant see everything all in one shot is concerning too as the teacher has so many things to do while teaching a class and now with ULTRA the teacher will have to select the chat to see chats, and select, the participants window to see who is in class and many more issues... There are just a few. Also, when uploading a Powerpoint it messes with the fonts and so on while in collaborate it just uploaded static images no problem. Also, you can JUST give permission to students to use tools on the whiteboard , what you have to do it make them a presenter and then they can upload other slides too. Just very nervous here since I deal with elementary students and they will chew you out if you don't have proper control of the class and if the teacher is preoccupied with technical things. Anyone have the same concerns as me and any solutions? I hope collaborate can stay available. 

Outcomes