AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question Sets - how to remove question after an exam

Question asked by jeisenberg on Oct 19, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2019 by gw0046349

Hello,

Summary Issue: How can I remove a question from a Question Set after the students have already taken the exam (bad question)? I'd like to find a way to give those students who got this question wrong, the points back without curving the whole exam because not everyone received this question on their version of the exam.

Additional details: To combat cheating, I have created a test of six chapters made up of six Question Sets that each pull questions from a respective pool of questions for each chapter (about 20-25 in each chapter pool). The test pulls 8 questions from each chapter's Question Set. I tried to follow instructions to remove a "bad" question from the exam and recalculate the grades but that functionality does not seem to work when dealing with Question Sets. Is there a workaround way to give students credit for a specific question when the exam is comprised of Question Sets?

If there isn't a way to do it, what would be the best way to set up my next exam so that I could have relatively equal number of questions from each chapter's "pool of questions" and then have the flexibility to drop those questions that students found confusing?

Thank you!

Outcomes