Considering a scenario where there is a customer with a courses in Blackboard Learn 9.1 instance and wishes to migrate/upgrade to Blackboard Ultra in future.
Here I would like to know and understand the following:
- What will it take to upgrade the Blackboard application from Learn 9.1 to an Ultra (SaaS) or to an On-Premise version? Are any guidelines available?
- How the existing courses in Learn 9.1 can be migrated to Ultra? Is the process seamless? Do we have a list of known issues i.e. list of things that will or can migrate seamlessly from Learn 9.1 to Ultra, what might need some additional work to be done in Ultra after the migration, and what is not supported as all?
- Suppose there are some customizations being done on the Learn 9.1 instance itself, will Ultra (SaaS/On-Premise) support the customizations seamlessly? If not, what would be the possible route to bring in any customizations done to Learn 9.1 into Ultra? What would be the preferred option SaaS or On-Premise in such a case?
- What kind of support can Blackboard provide for the above options? (we are not assuming the actual course migration here)
- Is it possible to share a list of features comparison between Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Ultra and any documentation around the same?