I'm looking for case studies from higher education institutions on their experience offering online professional development courses/full programs. I'm trying to establish best practices for a design approach answering questions like:
- Length of course/program and how this affects its design approach
- Are these courses managed on the same LMS for credit courses are managed
- Rationale for offering courses via asynchronous vs synchronous tools
- Which classification of subject areas are best served by self-paced interactive video presentations?
- Pros and cons of having the subject matter expert facilitating the course vs having them working on the course content and hiring course facilitators
- Why or why not to use digital credentials like online badges or certificates
- How support for distance learning students differ from support for on-campus students