AnsweredAssumed Answered

Learn 2016 Theme Styling Issues

Question asked by mb0070003 on Aug 1, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 2, 2019 by mb0070003

I'm running into a couple of issues when styling our Bb instance using the 2016 Theme. First issue is in the course menu . Whenever a link is clicked on, a border (or possibly outline?) shows up around the link, but only the top & right-hand-side appear. I have tried to find the code for this using the code inspector forcing the active state on both the a & ul selectors, and I don't see anything that effects the border. Here's what it looks like right now:

Course Menu Item border when clicked on

The second issue is a hover issue under the course management menu. Rolling over a menu item produces the desired effect of swapping colors I specified, but if I hover over the arrow button next to it, only the button is highlighted.

Course management menu rolloverCourse management menu rollover arrow button

This is the code 

body #courseMenuPalette a:hover, body #controlPanelPalette_contents a:hover, body #courseMenuPalette span:hover, body #controlPanelPalette_contents span:hover {
color: #00305e !important;
background-color: #eee !important;
}
How should I modify this so that the entire li element has the hover effect when only going over the arrow button? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes