AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lynda.com Error "Invalid Hash"

Question asked by kr0079385 on Jul 18, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 25, 2019 by rbungo

Last Wednesday, our Lynda.com integration suddenly stopped working. Has anyone else experienced this too?

The error message received is: Before you can browse lynda.com content, your Blackboard System Administrator must configure the lynda.com Building Block with valid API keys. Error message: Invalid Hash.

This appears after accessing Build Content > Lynda.com content > seeing the Lynda browse page and navigating to a subject area e.g. 3D.

I had not changed the LTI before this stopped working, but did after - it was 'set separately for each link'. After advice from LinkedIn, I set it globally with the LTI details, but this did not fix the error. They have come back with an App Key and Secret Key, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where these settings might be.

I found a comment in this community from a few years back, that described a similar error and had found the cause being Lynda.com's partnership status had temporarily lapsed. I wondered if this issue might be similar and related to the new LinkedIn Learning partnership.

Very interested to hear if anyone else has this problem, or can share any tips or ideas on how this might be resolved!

Thanks in advance,

Kate

Bb Learn 9.1 Q4 2017

Outcomes