Steve Bailey

Hackboard:Data User Stories

Discussion created by Steve Bailey on May 3, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2019 by sb0055951

Please reply to this thread with your user stories, in the format “As a [Role], I need to know [Question], so that I can [Action], in order to [Goal]”. for example:

• "As a Programme Leader, I need to know which courses are not using Collaborate within each programme, so that I can encourage instructors to adopt Collaboratein order to improve parity of student experience".
  • "As a Department Head, I need to know how much time Distance Learning students are spending in Learn and Collaborate so that I can identify and intervene with disengaged students in order to improve retention rates".

As a reminder, here is the data available in the demo model:

• A Blackboard Learn instance, with data on Courses, Users, Activity, Course Items (e.g. Files), Course Tools (e.g. Forums), Gradebook, Goals & Rubrics
  • A Blackboard Collaborate Ultra instance, with data on Rooms, Sessions, Users, Activity, Recordings & Media

• A Student Management System, with data on Institutional Hierarchy, Course attributes, Student attributes, Instructor attributes, Programmes of Study, Grades

Outcomes