AnsweredAssumed Answered

Grade filtering in the Grade Centre

Question asked by adeoliveira on Apr 18, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 22, 2019 by lhives

I'm not certain if I'm in the right place for this question so, hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction if I'm not.

At my college, we have a course which is a core course for one program but is also an elective for a different but related program.  Years ago it was run as two separate courses with the exact same content for the two groups and, in the name of efficiency, it was decided to have both groups of students participate in a single course.

The dilemma at the moment is in the release of grades for two groups of students.  The Grade Center has been set up with smart views so that Instructor users can view the grades for either group of students independently.  This is fine for general record keeping, however, it has come to my attention that the students require their grades to be released to them at different times.  What I need is to somehow make a Grade Centre column available to one group of students but not the other (kind of like an advanced adaptive release for a Grade Centre column). The Edit Column Information screen for a Grade Centre column pretty much says a column is either visible or not visible to all student users regardless of the smart views.  Does anyone have any idea if this can be accomplished or does this fall under the category of "suggestion for feature enhancement at a later date"?

I may need to revert back to two separate (but identical) courses to accomplish this but I thought I would pose the question here before proceeding.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Alex De Oliveira, Learning Systems Administrator

The Michener Institute of Education at UHN

Outcomes