eb0071065

Managing Turnitin seats

Discussion created by eb0071065 on Feb 22, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2019 by eb0071065

Hello

How does everybody manage their turnitin seat allocation. We currently have a limit in which we breached that and had to get TII to extend it. After a bit of digging around I have manged to get is so we have a nice buffer in place, the way I solved the issue was to expire seats up to a certain year and then they were released back to us.

Our current way of managing is a bit of a mystery however after doing a bit more digging I dare say I could expire all the seats but leave the academic year 2018/19 alone and make allowances for courses that are submitting from a 2017 course, however according to TII, they really shouldn't be doing this. The reason I would look to expire everything up to 2018/19 is that I know that students can still gain access to their submissions, if they did that for some reason, ie access a submission from 2016/17, the seat will get reallocated to them and we would be x number of seats down.

Does anyone have a better policy or way of managing their seats or am I thinking the best approach would be to leave the current academic year 2018/19 alone and see what courses are still submitting from previous terms or should we think of an alternate strategy?

Thanks for any advice

Eddie

Outcomes