fursty

BOX Grading Toolset Travesty

Discussion created by fursty on Feb 20, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2019 by andyr

Am I the only one challenged to understand why the BOX grading tools debacle, and it is a debacle, continues not to be addressed?

Am I the only one that feels like there has not been any sense of urgency or attention in this regard. As an educator, it feels like Blackboard has me held hostage by the lack of grading tools!

I have been a Blackboard advocate for a long time. However, it is incredulous to me that to this day Blackboard lacks efficient and effective and grading tools. Grading tools are so foundational to what I do every day – so let me be clear Blackboard.... I NEED GRADING TOOLS ( bring back CrocDoc) to communicate and provide effective grading feedback to my students.

Every week the lack of functionality and absence of grading tools is just infuriating and adds hours to my day. What Blackboard provides in the form of  “tools” are so horrifically clunky there almost to the point of being useless. Having to perform browser screen refreshes between the only two tools Blackboard has …is just shocking.  Now this week, when one want to enter a comment... you have to now click inside the comment box to begin to enter text..... sigh,...   just one more huge step backward in an ongoing sequence of travesties.

Our university is reviewing LMS providers for a potential change.  I have to say after reviewing the top three competitors, Blackboard stands dead last in their grading toolset.  It is way past time for Blackboard to fix this issue.

Outcomes