AnsweredAssumed Answered

REST API not returning all fields?

Question asked by apandey on Jan 18, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2019 by Peter Love

Hello There!

I am a developer for an LTI tool that uses Blackboard's REST APIs to receive course, enrollment and user information.

The API I am using to load user information is:

GET /learn/api/public/v1/users/{userId}

I've recently received word from one of our clients that they weren't seeing this API load "StudentId" values for students. They had been using it without issue when starting off, but noticed the missing value after a few days. They didn't report changing anything major. I made sure to check the following things:

1. As mentioned in the APIs page that some fields don't show up "Depending on the Learn administrator customizable user field display settings", I checked to make sure the System Admin > User > Customize User Information had Student Id set to display, which it did.

2. Next, I made sure they allowed the basic privilege of "Administrator Panel (Users) > Users" for the learn User who is assigned to our application's REST API integration. The clients told me that this privilege was enabled.

The REST API documentation didn't go much further than this. I'm trying to figure out what other settings/privileges we ought to be investigating to try and solve this issue.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Outcomes