Belmont University in Nashville, TN has a job opening for an Instructional Technology Specialist. The Instructional Technology Specialist is responsible for supporting and training faculty as they integrate technology into their courses. This individual must stay current on trends in instructional technology, make recommendations for new technology tools to be implemented on campus, and regularly communicate instructional technology-related information to the faculty and administrative leadership. The incumbent is responsible for assessing the training needs of faculty and developing training workshops for large or small groups of faculty to meet these needs, and works with faculty one-on-one, as needed, to provide ongoing support and training with various technology tools.
- Consult with faculty to identify appropriate technologies to address their student learning goals. Regularly assess the technology-related training needs of faculty and work collaboratively with faculty to provide training opportunities that meet their needs.
- Deliver face-to-face and web-based technology training workshops for faculty.
- Assist individual faculty members and academic programs in efforts to integrate technology into course redesign plans.
- Communicate with faculty regularly regarding advancements in instructional technology, new tools that are available and how faculty may be able to use these resources in their courses.
- Regularly meet with academic leaders to discuss the needs of their faculty and brainstorm ways to best support members of each School/College on campus.
- Develop documentation and training materials for faculty using technology in their courses.
Below is a link to the full job description and application. Please share with any and all that would be interested.