AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question about Course Membership API

Question asked by cz0070476 on Nov 15, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2018 by cz0070476

As an extension to my previous question: Using REST API to Get Current Users/Courses, I have found a workaround to doing what I want with the APIs, unfortunately I am running into more issues dealing with the Course Membership API.

Specifically, I am trying to call:

{host}/learn/api/public/v1/courses/{course_id}/users?lastAccessedCompare.greaterOrEqual=2018-10-15T00:00:01.000Z

as well as

{host}/learn/api/public/v1/users/{user_id}/courses?lastAccessedCompare.greaterOrEqual=2018-10-15T00:00:01.000Z

and calling these over and over again recursively after calling:

{host}/learn/api/public/v1/users/ & {host}/learn/api/public/v1/courses/

grabbing all their ID's and plugging them into the first two GET requests. It's not ideal, has a lot of overhead (since it first has to grab EVERY course), but it's the best I've come up with (with help from previous post!).

The issue is, regardless of whether it is a month in the past, or a month in the future (2018-12-15T00:00:01.000Z), the result returned is the same; not displaying an empty result much like calling ?availability.available=Yes/No would, so it would be very hard to distinguish which results to skip over (I want to filter the active courses at the lastAccessedCompare level, not after getting all the results for all the courses, searching manually through each record after the calls have been made).

Am I inputting the URI wrong here, or does this parameter not behave in the same way that other boolean-types would?

Thanks,

Cody

Outcomes