mw0055312

Ultra Assignment Submission

Discussion created by mw0055312 on Oct 30, 2018

There are a few issues with the Assignment submission process in Ultra courses. Students do not find it intuitive and have often been confused.

1. The language for accessing/viewing/opening assignments is confusing. Students have to click "View assessment" to view the instructions or any file attachments for the assignment. However, clicking "View assessment" seems to starts the assignment submission process. I would like to see the instructions and attachments available on the sidebar in the first screenshot below as most students want to see assignment instructions and attachments before they submit anything.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 9.41.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 9.44.06 AM.png

2. Submitting a document is confusing to students. I'd imagine that most students who are submitting an assignment are submitting a document to the instructor and are not using the text box field for typing out an assignment. To submit a document, students first have to click "Add Content". When the text box loads, they have to click the button and "Insert Local Files".

I would like to see the "Add Content" button go away and instead just have the text box appear. Below the text box, there could be buttons for the options that are in the drop down menu.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 9.51.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 9.53.08 AM.png

Outcomes