AnsweredAssumed Answered

Course Column Attempts: mceItemHiddenSpellWord

Question asked by mikemcdonough on Oct 24, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2018 by Peter Love

I'm trying to use the following rest call from the API:

/learn/api/public/v1/courses/:courseId/gradebook/columns/:columnId/attempts?userId=xxxxx

I want to be able to gain access to instructor feedback that appears on these attempts. However, the feedback is filled up with html tags. Is there any way to get a plain text version of these to be returned? The size of the responses is making each call take over 35 seconds to return data, which is completely unacceptable, especially when I may have to call it multiple times to get data for all non calculated columns in a user's grade book.

For example, when plugging the feedback into a simple html viewer, I see:

Mike, you did a very good job!

However, it is instead returned in the attempt object's feedback field as:

<p><span class=\"mceItemHidden\">Mike,<span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span></span><span class=\"mceItemHidden\"><span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span> </span><span class=\"mceItemHidden\">you did a very good <span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span></span>job!<span class=\"mceItemHidden\"><span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span>\ufeff</span><span class=\"mceItemHidden\"><span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span></span><span class=\"mceItemHidden\"><span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span>\ufeff</span><span class=\"mceItemHidden\"><span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span>\ufeff</span><span class=\"mceItemHidden\"><span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span>\ufeff</span><span class=\"mceItemHidden\"><span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span>\ufeff</span><span class=\"mceItemHidden\"><span class=\"mceItemHiddenSpellWord\"></span>\ufeff</span><br data-mce-bogus=\"1\"></p>

Outcomes