AnsweredAssumed Answered

Troubleshooting /blti/launch.jsp

Question asked by cbeach on Oct 1, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 by vickers.stephen

I have an older building block that wraps some custom logic around LTI launches.  After the MH Bb instance was upgraded to v3400, the building block stopped working.  After reviewing the code, there's a fair bit of 'private' APIs being used, and I'm working to clean them up, while focused on making the integration work for the Blackboard adopter that was affected. 

The purpose of the building block is to provide an integration with a LOR/CMS called openEQUELLA.  The building block provides a means to view (possibly) privileged content via LTI, and to select (possibly) privileged content via LTI authentication.

In the building block code, the BasicLtiLauncher was extended and the following method was overridden. 

public void launch(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response, boolean useSplashScreen, FormattedText splashScreenMessage)

The last statement in the method is

request.getServletContext().getContext("/webapps/blackboard").getRequestDispatcher("/blti/launch.jsp").forward(request, response);

And when this happens, the UI is redirected to the following page and sits there:

Bb-lti-launcher-stuck.png

How can I figure out what launch.jsp is failing on with my custom invocation?   

Outcomes