AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting started?

Question asked by eanderson on Sep 14, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 by md0049252

Hello!

I am a Computer Science/Software Engineering student at Arizona State University working on a special project for an independent study which will incorporate Blackboard. My instructor wants me to make an Alexa Skill that can answer student questions based on discussion board posts. I originally was going to write a web scraper to extract questions and answers from posts, but since Blackboard has developer resources, I wanted to see if I could use some of them to help accomplish my goals more effectively.

That all said, I am trying to find a way to make this happen but I am a bit confused and intimidated by the documentation that is out there. My first question is.. do I need to have Behind the Blackboard access to accomplish this? Second, are the Building Blocks related to the REST API or something different entirely?

I was looking at starting to learn with this repo:

GitHub - blackboard/BBDN-REST-Demo-CSharp: CSharp Console App for testing Blackboard REST APIs.

But that is proving difficult without a test environment.. I am under the impression I need a Behind the Blackboard account to make that happen. Is that correct?

Any suggestions for me? I appreciate any insight or guidance. Thank you!

Outcomes