AnsweredAssumed Answered

Has anyone else had trouble importing their CourseSites course into the new CourseSites? I have tried, unsuccessfully multiple times and have not had adequate support from the HelpDesk.

Question asked by vswatkins on Aug 15, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 by vswatkins

I followed the instruction to export a course to my PC. The process takes about six hours for my course.  Then, I've tried importing it into the new CourseSites (both the original and ultra versions) about 10 times. 

I put in my first HelpDesk requests for assistance on 8/3/18, with subsequent requests on 8/7/18 and 8/9/18.  Yesterday, I received the following:

Please review the solution:

• Blackboard will only accept certain file types when importing test, most errors received during an import are due to an incompatible file type.

Resolution 

• Check the file type, it should be a .zip file provided by a publisher, exported from another Blackboard course, or a tab-delimited TXT file that meets all file format guidelines.

I'm wondering if my course is too large to transfer over.  While I try new methods of importing, I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Thank you!

Outcomes