AnsweredAssumed Answered

Data privacy at BbWorld18

Question asked by sgeering on Jul 9, 2018

We will have two exciting data privacy sessions at BbWorld18. The first presented by myself and the second by Justin, CEO and founder of WireWheel, a company we are partnering with to automate our privacy efforts.

If you are attending BbWorld and would like to meet me, please email me at stephan.geering@blackboard.com.

Data Privacy after GDPR

TIME: 2:10 PM

DATE: JULY 17, TUESDAY

PRESENTED BY: STEPHAN GEERING GLOBAL PRIVACY OFFICER, ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL AT BLACKBOARD

For two years organizations around the world have been rushing to implement the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by the compliance date of 25 May 2018. This session will explain how Blackboard embraced the GDPR to further strengthen its data privacy practices not just in the EU but globally. We will also share some key lessons we learnt from our implementation and how we will continue to enhance our data privacy program. Lastly, this session will also provide some insights into the future of data privacy regulation and how the GDPR will continue to shape it.

How to build trust, enable your data strategy, and feature privacy protection on Blackboard

TIME: 4:40 PM

DATE: JULY 18, WEDNESDAY

TYPE: LECTURE

PRESENTED BY: JUSTIN ANTONIPILLAI

Around the world, and here in the US, we are seeing a movement towards control of personal information by people. Schools, colleges, and universities hear this call more than others, and regulators and laws are following. In fact, in just the last few weeks, the State of California passed one of the most significant privacy laws in the United States.

In this session, the CEO of WireWheel.io (and a former Government leader on privacy, data protection, and open data) will discuss:

• Some of the major trends around privacy and data protection, especially under the new California Law and the EU General Data Protection Regulation;
  • How privacy requirements and the features in Blackboard can actually drive your data strategy; and
  • How Blackboard and WireWheel will enable schools, colleges, universities, and other institutions to comply faster and more efficiently with their privacy and data protection obligations.

Outcomes