Can I import a test pool into the new Course Sites Ultra? Is there a way to upload a specific file type so that I do not have to type all the exam questions one by one?
Do you have the questions in an Original course already?
No I do not, at least not in an Original Course Sites course if that is your question. At my old institution, we utilized the 'normal' Blackboard lms. I previously utilized a software that zips the questions into a format Blackboard can read and imported the files into tests, pool, or survey. Do I have that same option with course sites BB Ultra?
At this time you can't do it directly into an Ultra course in the way you have just described although it is something we are looking at as part of our roadmap. You can work around it if you take a couple of extra steps however:
1) Import all your questions into an original course.
2) Create a single test in that course and add all the questions to it
3) Create a course export package with just the tests in it
4) Restore that original export package into the Ultra course using the Import Content option
5) Hide the test you imported so that students cannot see it.
6) Create a new test and use the Reuse questions option from the Add menu
7) You can now pick all the questions you imported* from the question bank
* Note: any question types not supported in Ultra will be stripped out on import
I'm sorry this isn't as convenient but if you can import them into an original course and do this once it should save you some time and hopefully we'll be able to bring you a better approach inside Ultra natively soon.
Retrieving data ...