AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot coursesites allow changes in how participants are referred?

Question asked by consultusho on Jun 13, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2018 by nc36270

Can coursesites allow changes in how participants are referred in inception email and generally on the course sites forum – including where list of participants and role assignment is displayed? "Students" seems a bit amiss. I think this intent is already there as some changes are already allowed and I made them - yet I was mortified that the introductory email still went as "student"

Coursesites do not seem to factor courses that one may be facilitating your professional senior colleagues. All participants in my course are 50 or 60 years of age and age wise at least senior professionals in my own field (though for some this may be their second innings at career after retirement for others they started when this course is more a Continuous Professional Development and I a facilitator). Deferring to age is a culture in my country and making it evident in the language. I prefer "participants". I did make this substitution somewhere but the introductory email still went as "student".  I wont assert this observation – since I was floundering on the site too when the first email went and may have not understood better.

Outcomes