Wondering if anybody can help with the a query?
We are currently assisting an academic at our institution with some research regarding students engagement with online/blended learning materials. He is looking at moving a module from blended to possibly purely online and is requires data about students interaction. This research also forms part of his PHD study.
He is looking for a report that contains the following info:
- EXE_CO a correctly solved summative assessment item (exercise)
- EXE_IN an incorrectly solved summative assessment item (exercise)
- MCQ_CO a correctly solved formative assessment item (multiple choice question - MCQ)
- MCQ_IN an incorrectly solved formative assessment item (MCQ)
- MCQ_SR a solution requested for a formative assessment item (MCQ)
- VIDEO_PLAY activation of a course video
- CONTENT_ACCESS access to a page containing reading materials
- MC_EVAL access to the dashboard; this is considered a metacognitive evaluation action
- MC_ORIENT access to the schedule and the learning objective pages; this is considered a metacognitive orientation action
Blackboard Support have confirmed this is beyond their scope so am looking for help on putting something together. I am reasonably confident getting data fro the content access but it is more the engagement with assessment tools that I ma looking for help with.
Is this something that can be obtained through ASR or will we need access to the Open DB?
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.