I've recently been having a strange issue while developing a building block and I was wondering if anyone has been through anything similar, or would have a better idea of where to start troubleshooting.
- Client accesses Servlet, is delivered webpage.html and functionality.js, which send post requests to ServerFunctions.java (on the server).
- Servlet is updated with a new functionality.js and ServerFunctions.java file (uninstall old version then reinstall new version from the admin console)
- Client reloads webpage.html (and by extension, functionality.js), but the files delivered to the client are identical to the ones before the update
- When post request is sent to the server, ServerFunctions.java response reflects update, confirming that the building block has been updated; issue appears to only affect files delivered to client
Some of the solutions attempted (with no success)
- Clear browser cache, reload
- Clear cookies (and browser cache), reload
- Use different browsers, perform actions above
- Install new building block over top of old one
- Uninstall old building block (and test to make sure page is gone) and then install new one
- Multiple computers – mixed success:
- Each computer will load the newest [at least] once (in office) - but this may be multiple public IP addresses
- From a different local IP address but same external IP, file delivered will be identical between all computers
It`s also worth mentioning that this behavior seems to have become consistent only over the last 1-1.5 months in our systems