AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom Android App - Authorization Problem

Question asked by chaos on Apr 17, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2018 by Peter Love

Hello. My name is Adam, and I am a Computer Science major at Northern Illinois University. A friend and I are attempting to write an Android application using Android Studio that displays information about a given user based on Blackboard's REST API.

I have extensively studied the following links while attempting to write this app:

Three-Legged OAuth

Explore APIs

I have attempted to authenticate/authorize user access using the provided instructions, but with no success. Currently, it appears that our app is able to connect using the following authorization code request URL: "https://webcourses.niu.edu/learn/api/public/v1/oauth2/authorizationcode"

The instructions claim that once a successful GET request has gone through (I believe that has been accomplished, but I've been wrong before), the user will be prompted to enter login information. That is the part I can not get to work. No prompt appears after our code executes. I assume that I am doing something drastically wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is our end-of-semester project, and we have made very little progress. I would be happy to post any code necessary, if requested.

Outcomes