AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using the LTI Caliper Profile Service with a DVM

Question asked by vickers.stephen on Mar 20, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2018 by scott.hurrey

Just repeating my question from 31 December 2017 (see LTI Caliper Profile service using the DVM) as the thread resolved the issue of getting Caliper events sent to an event store from a DVM, but not the question about the Caliper Profile service.

Does anyone know if the developer virtual machine (DVM) instance of Learn 9 Q4 2017 has to be accessible from the outside world in order to make requests to the LTI Caliper Profile service?  Mine is not, and currently I get a 500 response with the message "An error occurred during a GET request to /telemetry/api/v1/caliper/providers/...".  If I do not sign the request or if I use an incorrect key or secret then I get a 401 response as expected, so it would appear that my request has passed the authorization checks.  The error generated is a "blackboard.plugin.cloud.ext.connection.CloudClientException" from "CloudRestClientImpl.java:248" and appears to have been caused by a "org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 404 Not Found" error.  The reference to "Cloud" makes me wonder if there may be an external connection involved here.  Has anyone been successful in getting this service to work with a DVM?  Thanks.

Outcomes