cb0044644

Advising the Advisors!

Discussion created by cb0044644 on Feb 6, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 by Ian Holder

I wanted to take minute to follow up on the presentation that Andy Miller and I gave as a part of the recent BBAS titled Advising the Advisors! In this presentation we presented a concept where by a minor customization to the Advisor Hierarchy you could utilize the "Email from Slice" feature for a Pyramid Publication and therefore enable a unique email distribution of personalized content to each individual advisor containing only information about their individual students. As a part of this presentation we highlighted the necessary customization to the delivered Blackboard Intelligence Advisor Hierarchy, and said that we would make an effort to get the customization code available through the community site. I wanted to let you all know that the code has been posted as DimAdvisor_Email.zip in the "Code Exchange" section of this site.

I hope, for those of you interested in this functionality, this customization package sets you on the right track for making this kind of customization in your own environment.

Outcomes