AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using the REST API to Extract Rubric Data

Question asked by crfhawnam on Jan 25, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2018 by Peter Love

Hello,

I work in the Institutional Research and Assessment Office, and we heavily rely on course embedded rubrics in Blackboard for accreditation and instructional effectiveness.

My institution just recently transitioned to from a locally hosted BB instance to SaaS over the holidays.  Before the transition we used SQL to extract the Rubric data and used a locally developed tool to parse it and produce reports.  With the transition, we no longer have the ability to query BB in the same manner, and while we’re working toward implementation of Analytics for Learn, I’m trying to come up with a stopgap solution in the interim.

Our BB Administrator pointed me toward the REST API yesterday and while I was initially hopeful, I can’t seem to get the data I actually need.

Using the endpoint of learn/api/public/v2/courses/{courseId}/gradebook/columns/{columnId}/attempts/ I can see that a rubric was at least attempted, but I can’t get to the next level to actually get the results from the rubric itself.

Is Rubric data exposed in the API?  I’ve reviewed the data that I can find and haven’t had much luck.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Outcomes