mdeeprose

*** Upgrade Club 2018 ***

Discussion created by mdeeprose on Jan 24, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 by rs0048203

The first rule of upgrade club is that everyone talks about upgrade club.

The purpose of this thread is for anyone doing an upgrade this year to check in, state what version/platform they are on now, and to what version they plan to upgrade.  Maybe we can find some useful common ground and exploit some synergies?

At Southampton it feels like we've been doing nothing but upgrades; a month or so after finishing our summer upgrade last year we started preparations for applying the cumulative update to allow the crocodoc to box transition. Now we are well into planning our upgrade this summer when we will do an in-place upgrade from 9.1 Q4 2016 CU6 to 9.1 Q4 2017 with the latest CU available.  We are running a Linux (Redhat 6) platform with an Oracle 12 database.

I will be composing the occasional post on Matt's Upgrade Blog and I've just written an update about what we have learned following our most recent upgrade to 2016 Q4 CU6 regarding maintaining fixes that are undone by the installer.  Why not start your own upgrade blog?

I hope that having an upgrade thread will continue to be useful.  These threads do become quite long and perhaps overwhelming, if anyone has any suggestions for improvements please post them! 

Do you have upgrade plans for this year?

Outcomes