AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tool Availability not in Customization

Question asked by scott.hawley@belmont.edu on Jan 5, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2018 by jogordon

I'm trying to add the McGraw-Hill Higher Education Tool to my course.  I can see it but my students can't.  In fact, they don't even have "Tools" appearing on their screen at all.

Clicking and dragging the McGraw-Hill tool upwards doesn't work (Oh how I miss Schoology).  Adding a "Tool Link" appears on my page, but doesn't seem accessible to students.  Apparently I need to make the tool "available".

So, the help pages (Course Tool Availability | Blackboard Help ) say "On the Control Panel, expand the Customization section and select Tool Availability", but the latter doesn't appear as an option: only only "Properties", "Quick Setup Guide" and "Teaching Style" appear. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 10.50.43 AM.png

I watched the video and their menu looks different from mine.  Clicking "Doesn't look like your product?" just leads me back to Blackboard Learn, which is my product.

So, having exhausted my own attempts and the explicit Blackboard Help documentation, I now turn to the Community: What needs to happen so that my students can use the Tool I set up?

Outcomes