AnsweredAssumed Answered

LTI Caliper Profile service using the DVM

Question asked by vickers.stephen on Dec 31, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 by vickers.stephen

Does anyone know if the developer virtual machine instance of Learn 9 Q4 2017 has to be accessible from the outside world in order to make requests to the LTI Caliper Profile service?  Mine is not, and currently I get a 500 response with the message "An error occurred during a GET request to /telemetry/api/v1/caliper/providers/...".  If I do not sign the request or if I use an incorrect key or secret then I get a 401 response as expected, so it would appear that my request has passed the authorization checks.  The error generated is a "blackboard.plugin.cloud.ext.connection.CloudClientException" from "CloudRestClientImpl.java:248" and appears to have been caused by a "org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 404 Not Found" error.  The reference to "Cloud" makes me wonder if there may be an external connection involved here.

I have been unable to locate any documentation for the Learn 9 Caliper implementation at "help.blackboard.com"; if anyone knows where this is located, or what might be causing this error I would be very grateful to hear.

Many thanks and happy 2018.

Outcomes