AnsweredAssumed Answered

How does the rubric percent range work?

Question asked by marco.dalessio on Nov 22, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2017 by marco.dalessio

Hello,

This is the first time I ask a question in the Bb community. I have been using Blackboard for about 10 years now and I just met some of the guys at the product roadshow last week. They encouraged me to ask a question here, and I hope you can help me find the solution to my problem!

I would like to set up Rubrics for our Faculty so that they can use some sort of automated calculation when assessing students and providing feedback. Currently we use rubrics for feedback only, because the university uses percent range and weighted components for assessment. When I try to setup a rubric with percent range, everything looks fine. I can establish 3 weighted components, and a percent range for each component.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 13.44.25.png

However when it comes to make an assessment, the rubrics change dramatically and basically become unusable. Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 13.44.59.png

First of all, the weights from each row disappear. Second, the range is basically already adjusted to translate into points the rubric. However this makes making calculation impossible because in most cases the grades are in decimals and making the math right then is harder than writing the 3 weighted components down on a piece of paper and doing the math yourself.

My question is: is this the expected behaviour or is there any way to have the ranges 0 - 100 visible for each weighted component, while Blackboard does the math in the backend and shows the final grade only?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Marco

Outcomes