AnsweredAssumed Answered

Deleting courses

Question asked by ab0055622 on Nov 17, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2018 by scott.hurrey

Hi, all. I'm new to the Blackboard world.

I have a request here to implement a clean-up on the courses every term. We should remove every courses that that has started in a period of 2 years.

I've been told that this should be done using the GUI and selecting the radio that keeps all the files. The reason is that we deleted once using the SIS integration and it deleted all the files, including the ones that was connected to different courses.

I found in the documentation a flag in the delete course method that looks to me that do the same thing as the GUI do (removeFiles - T/F). Is that right?

If it's right, I can write a script to get all the courses in a specific term (learn/api/public/v1/courses/?termId=_999_9&offset=100) and remove the respective course (

/learn/api/public/v1/courses/_999_9/?removeFiles=false). Am I correct?

The main problem here is, doing this way, we won't release space in disk - which is the main purpose - so, looks like there is some more work to do removing the orphaned files.

So, summing up:

- Using the delete course method is the same thing as deleting using the GUI?

- When I delete keeping the files, will they shows up in the orphaned files screen right after the deletion?

- Is there any way to remove the unused files but keeping the files that are linked in some way to other courses?

- Is there a better way to handle the orphaned files other than deleting manually?

Sorry for the long post.

We'll be glad if someone can help with some good information regarding this.

Thanks.

Outcomes