This is a final reminder that support for the Mobile Learn app is ends today. The app was removed from app stores on 8/1. Students and instructors should be encouraged to use of the Blackboard and Blackboard Instructor apps. The following announcement was made today on Behind the Blackboard and contains resources to help you make the transition from Mobile Learn to our new apps. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Effective today, August 31, 2017, Blackboard support for the Mobile Learn app ends. Mobile Learn was removed from app stores on August 1, 2017. Clients should now encourage the use of the “Blackboard” app for students & the “Blackboard Instructor” app for educators (released on July 20th, 2017). All users can expect increased efficiency with our simplified workflows built to complete on the go. The Blackboard app is currently available on the Apple App, Google Play and Windows Stores and Blackboard Instructor is currently available on the Apple App and Google Play Stores. This initial launch of Blackboard Instructor focuses on key communication tools, as we know that student engagement is critical to success. Grading capabilities are currently being validated by users and will follow in the coming months. In the meantime, the Bb Grader app will continue to be available to give instructors access to mobile grading functionality.
Impact to Current Mobile Learn Users:
Current Mobile Learn users will continue to have access to Mobile Learn after is has been removed from app stores and after support ends. However, Blackboard cannot guarantee continued usability of the application. Apple has indicated that 32-bit apps, of which Mobile Learn is, will not be supported on future versions of iOS including the soon to be released iOS 11.
Technical Requirements to Enable Access to Blackboard & Blackboard Instructor:
- Mobile Web Services Building Block 94.9.5+
Please see this chart to find out which Mobile B2 is required for your Learn version
- Blackboard Learn 9.1, October 2014, Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q4 2015, Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q2 2016, Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q4 2016, Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q2 2017 CU2 or Blackboard Learn SaaS (3200.4.0+)
(Note: Mobile Web Services Building Block 94.9.6 is required for versions prior to Q4 2015)
- Mobile license or a solution bundle with mobile. Contact your Blackboard account executive to find out if you have this
- Any device running on iOS 9+ or Android 4.2+
- How to Transition from Mobile Learn to the Blackboard and Blackboard Instructor Mobile Apps
- Release Notes for Mobile Web Services
- Blackboard app and Blackboard Instructor release notes
- Blackboard app and Blackboard Instructor adoption toolkits
Related Behind the Blackboard Support Bulletins:
- August 24, 2017: Mobile Learn Support Ending: August 31, 2017 – Article #47388
- August 1, 2017: Transitioning from Mobile Learn to Blackboard and Blackboard Instructor Apps - Article #47271
- July 13, 2017: Transitioning from Mobile Learn to the Blackboard and Blackboard Instructor Apps - Article #47167
- July 13, 2017: iOS 11 is not Compatible with Mobile Learn – Article #47087
- May 23, 2017: Mobile Learn Transition Update - Article #46023