AnsweredAssumed Answered

Blackboard Challenge - HELP!

Question asked by mnewcomb on Aug 23, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 by mnewcomb

Imagine this scenario: I am a student and my course is laid out in learning modules. Each module contains a pretest, discussion, assignment, and a final quiz. If I get an 90 on my pretest for Module 1, I can automatically skip to Module 2. In Module 2, I get a 65 on the pretest, so I must complete the rest of the work in that module before I can move forward to Module 3.

As the instructional designer, I know how to create the adaptive releases - that is not the problem. How do I set up the gradebook to count the 90 on the pretest as the full grade for Module 1, but the individual discussion, assignment, and quiz on Module 2? Is there a way to ask the weighted column(s) to do Scenario A OR Scenario B, depending on the results of the pretest?

The hope is that this can all be pre-programmed so instructors do not need to go in and manually do this. I can formulate Excel to do this, but I'm not sure there is a way to get Blackboard to do it. Hopefully, I am wrong and someone out there can tell me how. I've been wrestling with this for a few days.

NOTE: I apologize for the double posting. I posted this a couple of days ago from a different computer and I cannot find the original question now with any responses.

Outcomes