AnsweredAssumed Answered

Zip File Package Content Collection Help!

Question asked by theeric2 on Jul 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2017 by kg37683

Hi,

I am an ISD who works for a company that has various government and civilian contracts. One of our government contracts uses Blackboard as a method of delivery of course materials and a repository for all of the information for the entire design and development of the course.  Over time, we have delivered for this client and they have come back to us saying we did not implement changes we spent a long time triple checking to make sure we implemented before we deliver via Blackboard.

Recently, I delivered a course I created and there were files present in Blackboard that were not in the file structure I zipped. This baffles me and I am wondering if anyone is aware of any known issues of uploading a zip package to Bb. This client often requires many submissions to the same folder. So, when we need to resubmit we will move the old content into a new folder we label "Archive" and then upload a new zip package. This can happen 2-3 times per section in the content collection and we upload to the same folder each time.

Somehow, files end up in the content collection we upload to their Blackboard as zip packages that are not present in the zipped files we have on our local machines.

Again, I am baffled.

So, I am thinking it is one of two things. One, Bb has some kind of issue with uploading zip packages with files that had the same names of other files even though they were moved from that folder OR because my company uses Dropbox, then things are syncing properly across the company because we use Dropbox for something it was not intended to be used for . . .

Now, my brain tells me it is the latter, but I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with the former? I will upload a folder full of course documents for a Unit or Module and entire files will be replaced with other content that is not contained in the zip files on the local machine.

Please help

Outcomes