AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom Login Page - login box labels

Question asked by jcurrie on Jun 30, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2017 by smachaje

Hello,

We are about to move from MH to SaaS (the first in Europe to do a full migration) and wanted to refresh our login page with a completely new look. We have almost finished this, but there is one problem remaining. We want to put a label/placeholder text into each of the login fields like in the image below.

loginPage.jpgBut we can't find out how to place the username and password placeholders into these text fields. We know it is possible as we have found some institutions who have already done this in the past.

I have explored trying to code it into the login.jsp file and with help from the IE developer tools I have found the code responsible for it. However, I do not know where to make the change to make it stick in our live page.

The "input name" element needs the "value" attribute attached. Would this need to be scripted into the login.jsp page at all? I have spent about 2 days on this now and beginning to get to the end of my tether with it. Below is a screenshot of the login page and DOM Explorer open showing where the changed are:

Hopefully someone can help me with this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Attachments

Outcomes