This announcement was made today through Behind the Blackboard. Please share any questions, comments or feedback below.
Based on significant global client feedback, the mobile applications, Bb Student and Bb Instructor, will receive new names. Bb Student will become “Blackboard”, and Bb Instructor will become “Blackboard Instructor”. These new names better reflect how users refer to the applications and what they search for in app stores.
When will these changes take place?
- The “Blackboard” app (formerly Bb Student) – The Blackboard app is available now in app stores as Bb Student. The new name will be formally changed in app stores with the Blackboard app’s July release, which is scheduled for mid-July. Leading up to the formal name change, assets and Help Site resources will also be updated to reflect these changes.
- The “Blackboard Instructor” app (formerly Bb Instructor) – The Blackboard Instructor application is scheduled to be released in over 100 countries in July 2017 on the Apple and Google Play app stores for smartphone and tablet devices. Assets and Help Site resources are being created to help promote this new mobile application to instructors at institutions.
Technical requirements to enable access to the Blackboard app and the Blackboard Instructor app include:
- Mobile Web Services Building Block 94.9.5+
- Blackboard Learn 9.1, October 2014, Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q4 2015, Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q2 2016, Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q4 2016, Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q2 2017 or Blackboard Learn SaaS
(Note: Mobile Web Services Building Block 94.9.6 is required for versions prior to Q4 2015.)
- Mobile license or a solution bundle with mobile. Contact Blackboard account executive or the support team for more information.
- How to Transition from Mobile Learn to Blackboard and Blackboard Instructor
- Release Notes for Mobile Web Services
- Mobile Learn Transition Update - Article #46023
- Blackboard App Communication and Adoption Toolkit
Message was edited by: Marissa Dimino