AnsweredAssumed Answered

Blackboard Test with Multiple Questions that stay together in Pool

Question asked by owensjen on Mar 23, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 by owensjen

Hi Everyone!

First time poster here.

I need questions that have several steps that need to stay in order/together and currently, the only way to do this and have multiple versions of the same type of hypothesis test, is to do multiple fill in the blanks. I need multiple versions to prevent students sharing the test questions which is why I need them to be stored in pools. This is for an undergrad stats class using Blackboard 9.

Ex: Pool 1- Version #1 of a single sample t-test (all fill in multiple blanks)

Pool 1- Version #2 of a single sample t-test (all fill in multiple blanks)

Pool 1- Version #3 of a single sample t-test (all fill in multiple blanks)

Pool 2 would have three versions of an independent sample t-test etc.

Now I can build a test where students will randomly get one of these three options but I am limited in that I can only use multiple fill in the blanks when there are so many better options out there.

What I want, it to be able to build several long questions to create several pools (like above) but be able to use something other than multiple fill in the blanks like calculated numeric, multiple choice, and/or jumbled sentence. (On a side note, I would love to have several different answers options with a jumbled sentence so one box could be options like +, -, or +/- and the second could be numeric values but unfortunately, all options are always listed so it can be cumbersome).

Open to suggestions! 

Outcomes