AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you deploy your templates?

Question asked by mb0047876 on Mar 23, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 by renrodee

Hi all, I'm looking to exchange some experience on how you handle templates at your institutions.

Some background on me and my instititution: I'm the lead system administrator at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). We are a large institution of 39000 students and 6000 employees. We have created an SIS integration which currently uses one of two templates when creating courses. The variable for which template to use is set in the SIS, and the only difference between the two templates is language (English/Norwegian). Since our template is applied when the course is created, this is har to correct if mistakes happen, and we have not yet found a way to deploy a template after course creation, which does not involve having to manually fix certain things afterwards. I'm keen to learn what other system admins' experience is, especially on two things which are important to us: limiting manual work and ensuring that the right template is applied.

We are using Learn 9.1, with managed hosting.

My questions to you:

• Which templates do you have, and how do you manage and develop them?
  • Do you use multiple templates with a SIS integration, and how do you deploy courses? If automatically; how do you ensure that the right courses have the right templates?
  • Do you deploy the template after course creation, or in the same process as course creation?
  • Have an ingenious way of managing templates? Do share!

Thanks!

Outcomes