jz36981

Update to help.blackboard.com to affect links

Discussion created by jz36981 on Jan 30, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 by ed0046157

Blackboard will be upgrading our help site (help.blackboard.com) to a new Drupal-based content management system on March 15. This is a positive change that will ultimately improve the user experience for all visitors.

From a practical perspective, a user’s experience won’t change. The front-end design will be nearly identical to the current help site, and users who arrive from a link inside the product UI should still get to the right location. On the back end, the new infrastructure will help predict and remember a user’s product choices, which should ultimately deliver more useful content to users.

Some “old” (bookmarked) Learn help links that point to the site will NOT work as expected after the upgrade occurs. We are informing clients to update any “old” Learn help links BEFORE the launch of the new site on March 15. Doing so will completely avoid any adverse effects of this update.

HOW DO I UPDATE MY “OLD” LEARN HELP LINKS?

To update links, you will need to change the old URLs to new URLs that point to our newest branch of Learn Help.  The new branch is “version agnostic,” meaning we’ve rewritten the content to include help for both Ultra and Original experiences and course views.  Everything you and your users need for any version of Learn is in this location.

This is the only Learn Help we are migrating to the new site. Older 9.1 Help documentation is being phased out.

Example of an “older” URL that will break after the site is upgraded:

Examples of links where the path will be preserved:

HOW DO I FIND THE NEW HELP LINKS?

We have compiled a list of updated URLs for the 30 most visited Learn Help topics for Instructors and Students. This page should help you update your links.

More information can be found in the Support Bulletin.

Any questions, ask them here -- or come to Admin Office Hours tomorrow, Jan. 31, to learn more.

Outcomes