AnsweredAssumed Answered

SafeAssign Originality Report Question

Question asked by shawn.brewer on Dec 12, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2017 by shawn.brewer

We see SafeAssign Originiality Reports that cite "another student's paper" as the source to which the paper matched.  Sometimes this is a clickable link that the instructor can use to view the original paper. Other times it is not.  I cannot find any information defining the circumstances under which "another student's paper" can be viewed by the instructor.  I assume it has to do with the instructor's access to the other paper in general, but there is some gray area where I'm not sure how this is treated.  For instance, if the paper is matching to another student's paper in the same class, I would assume the instructor has access to view that, and have seen that be the case in the past. If the match is to a paper in a class that is in no way associated with the instructor, I would assume the instructor does NOT have access to that paper.  What about the situation where the match is to a student in another class taught by the same instructor?  Does Blackboard provide detailed information about how this access is determined?  I've done several searches and haven't been able to find anything that clearly defines under what circumstances the instructor can view "another student's paper."

Outcomes