AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to manage Organisations Groups via... REST, Flat File, XML ... ?

Question asked by rt0044432 on Sep 30, 2016

I am looking for some advice on the options for maintaining an organisations groups (create and delete), also maintaining user memberships to these groups (create and delete).

Our organisations within Blackboard are our courses i.e "BSc (Hons) Computer Games Development", the groups within this organisation (course) would be:

• Year 1
  • Year 2
  • Year 3
  • Year 4

These groups have members (students), the purpose of the groups for us is to display content in the organisation for only n year students or to email only n year students. The previous integration used a direct connection to the BBLEARN database, now we are cloud hosted I am looking to use a web service.

I have looked through the Flat File end points, XML end points and at the REST integration documentation and cannot see any methods that manage Organisation groups or group memberships.

Any help or links to the correct docs would be great, thanks!

edit: I see that Groups is coming to the REST API in 2017: REST APIs for Learn 9.1 - Webinar this week!

Message was edited by: Ryan Tyler

*** Answer: Use the SOAP web services to manage Organisation groups and member ships ***

Message was edited by: Ryan Tyler

Outcomes