I seem to have a disconnect with course reports. We can run reports in any course with clear user activity, yet reporting reflects "0" for everything! We are running on Learn 9, SP13. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Different reports use different data sources. Generally if you are running a report with Activity in the title then it will use the ODS tables in the stats schema. These are populated via the ETL refresh job. You can check if this is working in the GUI.
System admin > System Reporting > refresh report data > Then select Refresh report data and see what messages you get back. Any errors should be reported to support
Most other reports run off the Activity Accumulator tables. There is a job that move the days stats from the Activity Accumulator Queue to the Activity Accumulator tables. Check the min and max date in both these tables to see if the data is being processed and moved form one to the other.
If you log a support case our support team will help you get this working.
EMEA Manager, Client Support.
Stephen, we had this issue as well and I found that it works in Internet Explorer, but not in Chrome, so I figured it was some sort of browser issue. It was the first time that I can remember that Chrome has ever failed me in Blackboard.
We had the same problem. We had the DBA investigate why the ETL refresh script is not compiling correctly within the database. It turns out that the ETL (a function that transfers data from your active Activity Accumulator Tables to your long-term-storage Stats tables) is failing to refresh when it tries to transfer items. In this particular instance, the ETL stored procedure had gone into a decompiled state due to missing constraints/indexes in the database (probably from a CU update). There are supposed to be routine audits in place to catch things like this, but it was not caught. Once we brought this to BB's attention, they were able to correct. The reports are now accurately reporting the data.
Retrieving data ...