AnsweredAssumed Answered

BIRT 101

Question asked by mattlingard on Jul 25, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 by Alberto Ruiz

Hi everyone,

Before I start i should flag that I'm not a developer/administrator and not particularly technical - I think this will become clear.

I'd like to find out more about BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) - Blackboard Help) . Firstly can I use it as a (Blackboard Learn) Managed Hosting customer?

More importantly can someone explain exactly what it is and what skills are required to use it.  My understanding so far: It's an open access reporting system that I can download for free from BIRT Home; Once I have it, there is a Blackboard Plugin I can download so that I can design reports that will use data from Blackboard. So, assuming I'm half-way right so far, I've two initial questions... what skills are needed to design reports? I'm pretty sure I won't have them but I will need to find someone who does. Secondly, I don't understand how it interacts with Blackboard itself. Do I upload something from Eclipse to Blackboard.... and then download the results? Or does the plugin make the connection and pull data from Bb Learn? Or, or?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Matt

Outcomes