AnsweredAssumed Answered

Editing the customized login .jsp

Question asked by eh0051369 on Jul 15, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 by ranu

Hello, everyone! 

I'm a new instructional designer with an advanced beginner/intermediate skill level in HTML, CSS, and jQuery.  We just assembled a new ID team with varying degrees of web design knowledge, and I've kind of become the "go to" on web design by default.  One of the things I'm working on is creating styling that makes our UI look a bit more updated and visually appealing, as well as customizing our login page from the generic version.  I have no experience with working with .jsp files, but I followed the BlackBoard directions and changed the CSS with no problem.  The HTML is a different story, as the .jsp has a bunch of div tags and not a lot else.  I was looking through some forums where other IDs were sharing their incredible splash pages and login screens, and I'm honestly at a loss for how to begin doing it.  When I look at the login page in developer mode, I can obviously see all the HTML, so is it a matter of just plugging that into the .jsp and going from there?  I feel like there's something really obvious I'm missing.  If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful!

Outcomes