sarah.grayston

Can the lightbox used in youtube mashups be used to display other pages?

Discussion created by sarah.grayston on Jul 8, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 by arnagata

What I am trying to do is create in the content system a page which stores certain youtube instructional videos that we have created.  These videos are likely to change at some point in the future and youtube unfortunately does not allow users to replace videos leaving the original link intact. 

So what I had thought to do was to create the youtube mashup in institutional content and then provide an iframe in courses, so that if we change the video, we can just change it once in the content system.   However, when I do this it works ok, but the lightbox doesn't open.  The youtube video is opened in a separate window.  The other option I had was to replace the link in the HTML in courses to a page stored in institutional content, but this does not seem to work.

Does anyone know if lightbox contents can reference an HTML page with youtube or other content?  Or if there is a way of getting the lightbox to open from within an iframe?  Incidentally, the lightbox does not seem to open from within Institutional content either.

Many thanks for any help,

Sarah

Outcomes