cw31362

Workaround for spell check <span> bug

Discussion created by cw31362 on May 31, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 by cw31362

I've developed a crude workaround for the annoying bug that adds a million <span> tags to the content editor for misspelled words.

 

1) Save the affected HTML in the <body> of an HTML file.

2) Add this script to the header.

3) Load the HTML file in your browser.

4) Copy the resulting HTML back into Blackboard.

 

EDIT: I've added a modified version of this script into a crude JavaScript Hack that should resolve most cases of the issue. View it here.

EDIT #2: I've updated the hack to fix a few cases where not all the <span> tags would be removed.

Outcomes