AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question for any Pyramid users

Question asked by jo32204 on Apr 25, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 by vr38112

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if any Pyramid users of A4L could offer any info.  I've got a question about the pre-built Scorecard report in Pyramid that feeds into the Dean Dashboard.  The Scorecard report gives you information about things like Course Count, % Courses w/ Activity, Avg Interactions, etc.  It then also compares those numbers to previous terms and gives you a % change.  My question is about the Prior Term and PY Term elements.  In my mind, Prior Term should be the term immediately preceding whatever Term you have focused in the slice, and PY Term seems like it should be the Previous Year's version of whatever Term you're focusing (i.e. if I'm looking at Spring 2016, I would think that PY Term would be comparing to Spring 2015); but what I'm expecting doesn't seem to be what the report is doing.

So in any calendar year, our school's Terms are, chronologically:

Winter - January

Spring - January - May

Summer I - June

Fall - September - December

And when I run the Scorecard report here are some of the results I'm getting based on the Term I have in the slice:

Winter 2015: Prior Term is comparing to Fall 2014, PY Term is also comparing to Fall 2014

Spring 2015: Prior Term is comparing to Fall 2014, PY Term is comparing to Winter 2015

Summer 2015: Prior Term is comparing to Spring 2015, PY Term is also comparing to Spring 2015

Fall 2015: Prior Term is comparing to Spring 2015, PY Term is blank (which is odd)

Winter 2016: Prior Term is comparing to Fall 2015, PY Term is also comparing to Fall 2015

Spring 2016: Prior Term is comparing to Fall 2015, PY Term is comparing to Winter 2016

So clearly my understanding of Previous Term and PY Term are incorrect based on the report results.  I don't see why, for example, Summer 2015 is comparing both Prior Term and PY Term to Spring 2015; or why Spring thinks the Prior Term is Fall, when it really should be Winter.  I can't find much in the documentation I received.  I can open a ticket with support, but just thought I'd try here first.

Sorry for the long post...anyone have any insights?

Thanks,

John

Outcomes