Question: Using Learn's LTI features from Building Blocks > LTI Tool Providers, how do I modify the launch_presentation_document_target option to consistently force an LTI Launch to a new window?
Specifically with the October 2014 release, I have inconsistencies while launching an LTI link. Independent of Browsers, in some launches I catch "launch_presentation_document_target=frame" and in other "launch_presentation_document_target=window". I need it to consistently open in a new window.
The placements are a mix between student_tools and content_types (specifically tools and assessments) but in all instances in Learn, there's no option to force a new window.
- April 2014
- October 2014
- 9.1 2015 Q4 release
- Using the Basic-LTI B2 works, but is not acceptable for my use-case
- Custom parameters are sent and received but interpreted as a custom parameter by the Tool Consumer so adding "launch_presentation_document_target=window" ends up being useless
- Tool Provider Launch link is in the same format for all instances
- Web Inspector shows that the tool link from the course menu contains "target=_self" but modifying that opens a new tab, with the LTI within the Blackboard frame
- SafeHTML tools are enabled and set to default settings
- When the content loads I see this: <iframe id="contentFrame" style="display: block; width: 100%; height: 471px;" frameborder="0" name="content" title=" " src="/webapps/blackboard/execute/blti/launchPlacement?blti_placement_id=_5_1&course_id=_2_1&mode=cpview&wrapped=true&globalNavigation=false"></iframe>