AnsweredAssumed Answered

Invite guests in Ultra via direct email

Question asked by scottf on Apr 6, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 by wc0042930

Greetings,

When I invite guests to a session in Collab Ultra I use the Public URL provided (Copy 'n' Paste) and participants always join my sessions successfully.

But when I use the direct email approach (i.e. Add Guests to Invite, enter email address) the guests always receive an invitation to an unavailable or expired session.

For example, I emailed a session link to someone yesterday (April 05, 2016) and they received the following:

----------------------------------------

You are invited to attend the following Blackboard Collaborate session: "fake Session Link name that was sent out"

Session Details

Starts:Feb 1, 2016 10:45 AM

Ends:Feb 1, 2021 10:00 AM

You may join the session as early as 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.

---------------------------------------------------------

Of course, when participants click on the link they get the notice: "No session available. The session may have expired or been removed."

I don't see anywhere one can specify the date and time.... Or set it to "live" time (i.e. an immediate invite). The date and time that goes out in the message seems to be completely random.

Is there some feature that needs to be "turned on" in Collaborate Ultra to make this potentially more convenient way of inviting guests work properly?

Thanks,

Scott

Outcomes